Sunday, January 31, 2010

Facebook and the Grammys

I love, LOVE Facebook (a.k.a. FB)! Since around this time last year, I have reconnected with friends from High School, college and church and become even closer to people I was only loosely affiliated with. It's amazing how many people really remember you - genuinely remember you. It's pretty cool. Another cool thing - no more birthday cards. The birthday reminder helps us to remember/find out friends' birthdays and now instead of a card, or one of those email greetings, we can post a happy birthday message on our friends' wall, and even send a cute little virtual 'gift' - all without guilt and with great satisfaction. Nowhere else can we reach out to so many, so effortlessly and for FREE! Who doesn't love that?! LOL

But tonight was really fun - I 'watched' the Grammy's right along with a bunch of my FB friends - giving play by play commentary, joking on the festivities, and on each other. This is my 2nd or 3rd different awards ceremony that I have watched in FB parallel. If you haven't tried this yet, please do - it's so much fun! It's like having a virtual viewing party without the cleanup, drinks and food! So to all my FB friends who watched the Grammy's with me tonight - love y'all and had a blast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment